What is a drum kit? What composes drum kit? In this, will help you figure out what you need.
A drum kit, may sometime be called a drum set, a collection of drums and other percussion instruments, mostly cymbals, which set up in a way a drummer or player can be played by a single player with the use of drumsticks held on both hands, with feet operating the pedals, may it be a beater for the bass drum or a hi-hat cymbal controller.
A standard modern kit (for a right-handed player), as used in popular music contains the following:
- A snare drum, mounted on a snare stand, placed between the player's knees and played with drum sticks
- A bass drum, played by a pedal operated by the right foot, which moves a felt-covered beater
- One or more toms, played with sticks or brushes (usually three toms: rack tom 1 and 2, and floor tom)
- A hi-hat (two cymbals mounted on a stand), played with the sticks, opened and closed with left foot pedal (it can also produce sound with the foot alone)
- One or more cymbals, mounted on stands, played with the sticks
The composition of a drum kit can be purchased separately or as a whole set, like the following:
Complete Drum Hardware Pack 6 Piece Set by Griffin
Snare Drum Stand by Griffin
Single Kick Bass Drum Pedal by Griffin
Deluxe Hi-Hat Stand by Griffin
Cymbal Boom Stand & Straight Cymbal Stand Combo (Pack of 2) by Griffin
Drum Throne Stand by Griffin